Friday, November 2, 2012

Oh, hello!!

Alright, alright... it's been a while.  I'll admit, I'm not the best at remembering to blog.  I will try my hardest to devote more time to it, I promise!!

First things first... What is going on with Chinovi?  Well, as I'm sure most of you know, I am a one woman team.  I do everything to actually manufacture and send the product to you.  I do have the help of my boyfriend, Ling.  But he is solely marketing and my personal cheerleader!  So that being said, its really only me working on getting your orders out!  Some of you may also know, that I was pretty much unemployed when I launched Chinovi and was able to devote all my time to creating everything, which was a total dream!  I recently started working part time and then moved to full time and then some (over time anyone?).  I'm trying to adjust to having so many hours taken up my work and finding the time to balance in Chinovi.  But I think we are about there!!  So don't worry... I'm not going anywhere!!  I will try and post more on Facebook, Twitter and here now that I have a little more time again.

Second... we have new stuff!  We recently launched our Fall and Halloween collections.  Halloween will probably be taken down in the next few weeks as we start getting ready for BLACK FRIDAY!!  So get it while you can.  I have two new collections that I'm finishing up for Winter and Christmas.

We are also in the developement and testing stage for matte shadows, blushes and brow powders.  We have some people test out and we are now working on reformulating a couple of products!  So keep an eye out for those!

Alright, final thing...  a couple years ago I was struggling with storing all my indie eye shadows plus all the ones I created myself.  I always find inspiration at craft stores (JoAnns, Michael's, etc) and so I chose to go to Michaels.  They were having a sale on all their scrapbook storage so I bought one of those 3 drawer 12x12 plastic paper storage things.  It worked like a charm!  I just don't like the color scheme (purple, pink and lime green).  So the wheels in my head have been turning, and I saw these little photo storage containers that were basically the same thing, only smaller and I decided to get them.  I LOVE THEM!!  I can keep the collections together and then I have all the regular line colors sorted by color.

 


Each container can hold about 15-16 full sized shadows.  I've thought about buying some thick foam and cutting circles in some how to hold the jars, but I'm not that crafty.  

I love this so far!  What do you think of this idea?

-Ness

No comments:

Post a Comment